Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The 700 Club

It's nothing to brag about, but I'm 10 Facebook friends away from 700. I do know most of them, really. And I'm pretty sure most of them actually know me. One claims she must know me, given the other friends I'd mentioned having in college.

As I (re)start blogging, tweeting, and continue facebooking, I contemplate the read-worthiness of This. What percentage of my 700 will make This club?

When I passed 300, I mused about a potential social project. I would contact each of my Facebook friends one day of the year. If I had not heard back from them within a month, I would de-friend them. What would be the point? I chalk that project's non-start up to a combination of laziness and anti-hubris. Who would I be to demand their response? Then again, I do get to choose. Always.

Now that I've doubled that mark, I shudder to think of the effort. Still, one-a-day can't be any worse than taking vitamins.

I'll add it to the list of resolutions. Tomorrow, I here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits